If you think your business is too small or your product / service is something that can’t be sold online, you might be asking yourself ‘Does my small business REALLY need a website? In this ‘Information Age’, people expect every business to have a website and sooner or later, someoneis going to type your name or business into a search engine. If they can’t find you, they can’t hire you and they will go to the person they can find, which more often than not is your competitor.
Five reasons why you need a website?
- You’re open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year so your chances of being found by new customers increases indefinitely.
- It’s an affordable medium that doesn’t require a large investment and with the use of a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress, you can change and update the information as your business changes without asking a web designer to do it for you.
- Showcase yourself and your work – whatever you do or represent, a website is a great way to show off your talents and products as well as keeping customers informed of your latest offers, promotions, news or events.
- Increase your market reach – a website and online presence allows you to market your business online on a global scale.
- Having a website fosters credibility and even if you get most of your business through networking and personal connections, customers still want to check out your website.
People form their opinion about your website in milliseconds so make sure that yours makes a great first impression. A bad website is worse than no website, but both are bad for business. Having an online presence for your business is an absolute essential and remember, your website isn’t for you, it’s for your customers.